|author||Eric Wong <email@example.com>||2009-06-25 20:25:08 -0700|
|committer||Eric Wong <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2009-06-29 04:04:27 -0700|
Older Sinatra would blindly try to run Mongrel or Thin at_exit. This causes strange behavior to happen when Unicorn workers are exited.
1 files changed, 11 insertions, 6 deletions
@@ -131,14 +131,19 @@ regarding this.
== Known Issues
-* WONTFIX: code reloading with Sinatra 0.3.2 (and likely older
+* WONTFIX: code reloading and restarts with Sinatra 0.3.x (and likely older
versions) apps is broken. The workaround is to force production
- mode to disable code reloading in your Sinatra application:
+ mode to disable code reloading as well as disabling "run" in your
+ Sinatra application:
set :env, :production
- Since this is no longer an issue with Sinatra 0.9.x apps and only
- affected non-production instances, this will not be fixed on our end.
- Also remember we're capable of replacing the running binary without
- dropping any connections regardless of framework :)
+ set :run, false
+ Since this is no longer an issue with Sinatra 0.9.x apps, this will not be
+ fixed on our end. Since Unicorn is itself the application launcher, the
+ at_exit handler used in old Sinatra always caused Mongrel to be launched
+ whenever a Unicorn worker was about to exit.
+ Also remember we're capable of replacing the running binary without dropping
+ any connections regardless of framework :)