* unicorn 5 roadmap
@ 2014-05-25 3:52 Eric Wong
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2014-05-25 3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: unicorn-public; +Cc: yahns-public
unicorn is over 5 years old, things are still kicking, but
has not changed much since it was first announced in 2009:
So 5 will be the next major version, but there's nothing earth
shattering and probably nothing visible to the majority of users.
Almost all just internal housekeeping:
* (finally) remove Unicorn::HttpParser#reset
* switch to minitest5 (or test-unit2?)
* drop some things that were intended for Rainbows!
- keepalive_requests, not necessary with the MT/one-shot-based event
loops like yahns, this is only intended as a DoS mitigation measure for
single-threaded event loops (nginx) or pure-MT-based servers
- xftrust (long deprecated)
* cleanup tests, port shell script integration tests to shunit2?
(or making the tests pure Ruby is probably fine, I trust the stability
of the Ruby language more today than I did in 2009 with the painful
* extract terminal-friendly coverage output from yahns into a gem
and use it for unicorn.
Tangentially related things to do:
* reduce memory usage in Ruby so users may run more unicorns
* improve reverse proxy support in yahns so it may be an
alternative to nginx for unicorn users
 Supporting the project with only email is probably the only
reason I haven't given up after all these years.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-05-25 3:52 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2014-05-25 3:52 unicorn 5 roadmap Eric Wong
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).