From: Eric Wong <email@example.com>
Subject: unicorn 5 roadmap
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 03:52:28 +0000 [thread overview]
Message-ID: <20140525035228.GA28753@dcvr.yhbt.net> (raw)
unicorn is over 5 years old, things are still kicking, but
has not changed much since it was first announced in 2009:
So 5 will be the next major version, but there's nothing earth
shattering and probably nothing visible to the majority of users.
Almost all just internal housekeeping:
* (finally) remove Unicorn::HttpParser#reset
* switch to minitest5 (or test-unit2?)
* drop some things that were intended for Rainbows!
- keepalive_requests, not necessary with the MT/one-shot-based event
loops like yahns, this is only intended as a DoS mitigation measure for
single-threaded event loops (nginx) or pure-MT-based servers
- xftrust (long deprecated)
* cleanup tests, port shell script integration tests to shunit2?
(or making the tests pure Ruby is probably fine, I trust the stability
of the Ruby language more today than I did in 2009 with the painful
* extract terminal-friendly coverage output from yahns into a gem
and use it for unicorn.
Tangentially related things to do:
* reduce memory usage in Ruby so users may run more unicorns
* improve reverse proxy support in yahns so it may be an
alternative to nginx for unicorn users
 Supporting the project with only email is probably the only
reason I haven't given up after all these years.
reply other threads:[~2014-05-25 3:52 UTC|newest]
Thread overview: [no followups] expand[flat|nested] mbox.gz Atom feed
You may reply publicly to this message via plain-text email
using any one of the following methods:
* Save the following mbox file, import it into your mail client,
and reply-to-all from there: mbox
Avoid top-posting and favor interleaved quoting:
List information: https://yhbt.net/yahns/README
* Reply using the --to, --cc, and --in-reply-to
switches of git-send-email(1):
git send-email \
* If your mail client supports setting the In-Reply-To header
via mailto: links, try the mailto: link
Be sure your reply has a Subject: header at the top and a blank line
before the message body.
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).