unicorn Ruby/Rack server user+dev discussion/patches/pulls/bugs/help
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Having issue with Unicorn
@ 2014-10-24 17:33 Imdad
  2014-10-24 17:45 ` Eric Wong
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: unicorn-public

I have rails4, nginx, unicorn and mona for app deployed
http://104.131.74.69/

But after deploy hitting on above link results in error, and the log says

root@Hailisys:~# tail -n 0 -f
/var/www/hailisys/shared/log/unicorn.stderr.log
I, [2014-10-24T17:28:53.162084 #15819]  INFO -- : executing
["/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn", "-c",
"/var/www/hailisys/current/config/unicorn.rb", "-D", "-E", "production",
{11=>#<Kgio::UNIXServer:fd 11>}] (in /var/www/hailisys/releases/28)
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:475:in
`exec': No such file or directory -
/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn
(Errno::ENOENT)
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:475:in
`block in reexec'
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:447:in
`fork'
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:447:in
`reexec'
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:307:in
`join'
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/bin/unicorn:126:in
`<top (required)>'
from
/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn:23:in
`load'
from
/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn:23:in
`<main>'
E, [2014-10-24T17:28:53.440532 #8814] ERROR -- : reaped #<Process::Status:
pid 15819 exit 1> exec()-ed


And am not sure how to fix it, please help

Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 17:33 Having issue with Unicorn Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 17:45 ` Eric Wong
  2014-10-24 18:02   ` Imdad
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2014-10-24 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Imdad; +Cc: unicorn-public

Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have rails4, nginx, unicorn and mona for app deployed
> http://104.131.74.69/
> 
> But after deploy hitting on above link results in error, and the log says
> 
> root@Hailisys:~# tail -n 0 -f
> /var/www/hailisys/shared/log/unicorn.stderr.log
> I, [2014-10-24T17:28:53.162084 #15819]  INFO -- : executing
> ["/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn", "-c",
> "/var/www/hailisys/current/config/unicorn.rb", "-D", "-E", "production",
> {11=>#<Kgio::UNIXServer:fd 11>}] (in /var/www/hailisys/releases/28)

You're working inside /releases/28 here...

> /var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:475:in
> `exec': No such file or directory -
> /var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn
> (Errno::ENOENT)

However, it's trying to run out of /releases/6, which I assume is
old enough to be removed by now.

You should be able to set working_directory in your config/unicorn.rb:

	working_directory "/var/www/hailisys/current"

Then SIGHUP to reload the config before sending SIGUSR2 to it.

Hopefully that works.  Normally you shouldn't need to set
working_directory if you're working out of "/current";
but I'm not sure what your deploy environment looks like.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 17:45 ` Eric Wong
@ 2014-10-24 18:02   ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 18:13     ` Eric Wong
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: unicorn-public

Thanks Eric, here is my deploy.rb and config/unicorn.rb
NOTE: /releases/6 and /releases/28 both have same error message

config/unicorn.rb
==============
# Set your full path to application.
app_dir = File.expand_path('../../', __FILE__)
shared_dir = File.expand_path('../../../shared/', __FILE__)

# Set unicorn options
worker_processes 2
preload_app true
timeout 30

# Fill path to your app
working_directory app_dir

# Set up socket location
listen "#{shared_dir}/sockets/unicorn.sock", :backlog => 64

# Loging
stderr_path "#{shared_dir}/log/unicorn.stderr.log"
stdout_path "#{shared_dir}/log/unicorn.stdout.log"

# Set master PID location
pid "#{shared_dir}/pids/unicorn.pid"

before_fork do |server, worker|
  defined?(ActiveRecord::Base) and ActiveRecord::Base.connection.disconnect!
  old_pid = "#{server.config[:pid]}.oldbin"
  if File.exists?(old_pid) && server.pid != old_pid
    begin
      sig = (worker.nr + 1) >= server.worker_processes ? :QUIT : :TTOU
      Process.kill(sig, File.read(old_pid).to_i)
    rescue Errno::ENOENT, Errno::ESRCH
      # someone else did our job for us
    end
  end
end

after_fork do |server, worker|
  defined?(ActiveRecord::Base) and ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection
end

before_exec do |server|
  ENV['BUNDLE_GEMFILE'] = "#{app_dir}/Gemfile"
end

deploy.rb
==========
require 'mina/bundler'
require 'mina/rails'
require 'mina/git'
require 'mina/rbenv'  # for rbenv support. (http://rbenv.org)
# require 'mina/rvm'    # for rvm support. (http://rvm.io)
# TODO: Look into this later
#require 'mina_sidekiq/tasks'
require 'mina/unicorn'


# Basic settings:
#   domain       - The hostname to SSH to.
#   deploy_to    - Path to deploy into.
#   repository   - Git repo to clone from. (needed by mina/git)
#   branch       - Branch name to deploy. (needed by mina/git)
set_default :rbenv_path, "/root/.rbenv" #{}"/root/.rbenv"
#set_default :bundle_path, '/root/.rbenv/shims/bundle'
#set_default :bundle_bin, 'bundle exec'

set :domain, '104.131.74.69'

set :deploy_to, '/var/www/hailisys'

set :repository, 'https://gitlab.com/hailisys/hailisys.git'
set :branch, 'master'
set :user, 'root'
set :forward_agent, true
# MOIN: Fix Password issue
set :term_mode, nil
# MOIN: Could be staging, production
set :rails_env, 'production'
set :port, '22'
set :unicorn_pid, "#{deploy_to}/shared/pids/unicorn.pid"

# For system-wide RVM install.
#   set :rvm_path, '/usr/local/rvm/bin/rvm'

# Manually create these paths in shared/ (eg: shared/config/database.yml)
in your server.
# They will be linked in the 'deploy:link_shared_paths' step.
set :shared_paths, ['config/database.yml', 'log']

# Optional settings:
#   set :user, 'foobar'    # Username in the server to SSH to.
#   set :port, '30000'     # SSH port number.
#   set :forward_agent, true     # SSH forward_agent.

# This task is the environment that is loaded for most commands, such as
# `mina deploy` or `mina rake`.
task :environment do
  # If you're using rbenv, use this to load the rbenv environment.
  # Be sure to commit your .rbenv-version to your repository.
  invoke :'rbenv:load'

  # For those using RVM, use this to load an RVM version@gemset.
  # invoke :'rvm:use[ruby-1.9.3-p125@default]'
end

# Put any custom mkdir's in here for when `mina setup` is ran.
# For Rails apps, we'll make some of the shared paths that are shared
between
# all releases.

task :setup => :environment do
  queue! %[mkdir -p "#{deploy_to}/shared/log"]
  queue! %[chmod g+rx,u+rwx "#{deploy_to}/shared/log"]

  queue! %[mkdir -p "#{deploy_to}/shared/config"]
  queue! %[chmod g+rx,u+rwx "#{deploy_to}/shared/config"]

  queue! %[mkdir -p "#{deploy_to}/shared/pids"]
  queue! %[chmod g+rx,u+rwx "#{deploy_to}/shared/pids"]

  queue! %[mkdir -p "#{deploy_to}/shared/sockets"]
  queue! %[chmod g+rx,u+rwx "#{deploy_to}/shared/sockets"]

  queue! %[touch "#{deploy_to}/shared/config/database.yml"]
  queue  %[echo "-----> Be sure to edit 'shared/config/database.yml'."]

  # sidekiq needs a place to store its pid file and log file
  queue! %[mkdir -p "#{deploy_to}/shared/pids/"]
  queue! %[chmod g+rx,u+rwx "#{deploy_to}/shared/pids"]
end

desc "Deploys the current version to the server."
task :deploy => :environment do
  deploy do

    # stop accepting new workers
    # TODO: Look into this later
    # invoke :'sidekiq:quiet'

    # Put things that will set up an empty directory into a fully set-up
    # instance of your project.
    invoke :'git:clone'
    invoke :'deploy:link_shared_paths'
    invoke :'bundle:install'
    invoke :'rails:db_migrate'
    invoke :'rails:assets_precompile'
    invoke :'deploy:cleanup'

    to :launch do
      # Passenger
      # queue "mkdir -p #{deploy_to}/#{current_path}/tmp/"
      # queue "touch #{deploy_to}/#{current_path}/tmp/restart.txt"

      # TODO: Look into this later
      # invoke :'sidekiq:restart'
      invoke :'unicorn:restart'
      #invoke :'unicorn:start'
      #queue "touch #{deploy_to}/tmp/restart.txt"

    end
  end
end

# For help in making your deploy script, see the Mina documentation:
#
#  - http://nadarei.co/mina
#  - http://nadarei.co/mina/tasks
#  - http://nadarei.co/mina/settings
#  - http://nadarei.co/mina/helpers

Please suggest what could be wrong.


Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad

On 24 October 2014 23:15, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:

> Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have rails4, nginx, unicorn and mona for app deployed
> > http://104.131.74.69/
> >
> > But after deploy hitting on above link results in error, and the log says
> >
> > root@Hailisys:~# tail -n 0 -f
> > /var/www/hailisys/shared/log/unicorn.stderr.log
> > I, [2014-10-24T17:28:53.162084 #15819]  INFO -- : executing
> > ["/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn",
> "-c",
> > "/var/www/hailisys/current/config/unicorn.rb", "-D", "-E", "production",
> > {11=>#<Kgio::UNIXServer:fd 11>}] (in /var/www/hailisys/releases/28)
>
> You're working inside /releases/28 here...
>
> >
> /var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:475:in
> > `exec': No such file or directory -
> > /var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn
> > (Errno::ENOENT)
>
> However, it's trying to run out of /releases/6, which I assume is
> old enough to be removed by now.
>
> You should be able to set working_directory in your config/unicorn.rb:
>
>         working_directory "/var/www/hailisys/current"
>
> Then SIGHUP to reload the config before sending SIGUSR2 to it.
>
> Hopefully that works.  Normally you shouldn't need to set
> working_directory if you're working out of "/current";
> but I'm not sure what your deploy environment looks like.
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 18:02   ` Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 18:13     ` Eric Wong
  2014-10-24 18:28       ` Imdad
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2014-10-24 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Imdad; +Cc: unicorn-public

Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Eric, here is my deploy.rb and config/unicorn.rb
> NOTE: /releases/6 and /releases/28 both have same error message
> 
> config/unicorn.rb
> ==============
> # Set your full path to application.
> app_dir = File.expand_path('../../', __FILE__)
> shared_dir = File.expand_path('../../../shared/', __FILE__)

Using __FILE__ with File.expand_path here gets you in trouble
because it loses track of symlinks like "current"

The following should be more explicit, I think:

	app_dir = "/var/www/hailisys/current"
	shared_dir = "/var/www/hailisys/shared"

And the rest of the config/unicorn.rb should pick those up as-is.

> set :deploy_to, '/var/www/hailisys'

Maybe you can export :deploy_to from your deploy config to your
unicorn invocation to DRY-up your config/unicorn.rb config.

So perhaps, something like:

	app_dir = "#{ENV['deploy_to']}/current"
	shared_dir = "#{ENV['deploy_to']}/shared"

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 18:13     ` Eric Wong
@ 2014-10-24 18:28       ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 18:34         ` Eric Wong
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: unicorn-public

Updates app_dir and shared_dir as stated here then did a deploy which went
okay, but my app still not running and log spit the following...

root@Hailisys:/var/www/hailisys/shared/log# tail -n 20 -f
unicorn.stderr.log
I, [2014-10-24T17:28:53.162084 #15819]  INFO -- : executing
["/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn", "-c",
"/var/www/hailisys/current/config/unicorn.rb", "-D", "-E", "production",
{11=>#<Kgio::UNIXServer:fd 11>}] (in /var/www/hailisys/releases/28)
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:475:in
`exec': No such file or directory -
/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn
(Errno::ENOENT)
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:475:in
`block in reexec'
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:447:in
`fork'
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:447:in
`reexec'
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:307:in
`join'
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/bin/unicorn:126:in
`<top (required)>'
from
/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn:23:in
`load'
from
/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn:23:in
`<main>'
E, [2014-10-24T17:28:53.440532 #8814] ERROR -- : reaped #<Process::Status:
pid 15819 exit 1> exec()-ed
I, [2014-10-24T18:21:54.882454 #16594]  INFO -- : executing
["/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn", "-c",
"/var/www/hailisys/current/config/unicorn.rb", "-D", "-E", "production",
{11=>#<Kgio::UNIXServer:fd 11>}] (in /var/www/hailisys/releases/29)
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:475:in
`exec': No such file or directory -
/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn
(Errno::ENOENT)
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:475:in
`block in reexec'
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:447:in
`fork'
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:447:in
`reexec'
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:307:in
`join'
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/bin/unicorn:126:in
`<top (required)>'
from
/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn:23:in
`load'
from
/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn:23:in
`<main>'
E, [2014-10-24T18:21:55.053890 #8814] ERROR -- : reaped #<Process::Status:
pid 16594 exit 1> exec()-ed


Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad

On 24 October 2014 23:43, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:

> Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Eric, here is my deploy.rb and config/unicorn.rb
> > NOTE: /releases/6 and /releases/28 both have same error message
> >
> > config/unicorn.rb
> > ==============
> > # Set your full path to application.
> > app_dir = File.expand_path('../../', __FILE__)
> > shared_dir = File.expand_path('../../../shared/', __FILE__)
>
> Using __FILE__ with File.expand_path here gets you in trouble
> because it loses track of symlinks like "current"
>
> The following should be more explicit, I think:
>
>         app_dir = "/var/www/hailisys/current"
>         shared_dir = "/var/www/hailisys/shared"
>
> And the rest of the config/unicorn.rb should pick those up as-is.
>
> > set :deploy_to, '/var/www/hailisys'
>
> Maybe you can export :deploy_to from your deploy config to your
> unicorn invocation to DRY-up your config/unicorn.rb config.
>
> So perhaps, something like:
>
>         app_dir = "#{ENV['deploy_to']}/current"
>         shared_dir = "#{ENV['deploy_to']}/shared"
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 18:28       ` Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 18:34         ` Eric Wong
  2014-10-24 18:39           ` Imdad
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2014-10-24 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Imdad; +Cc: unicorn-public

Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Updates app_dir and shared_dir as stated here then did a deploy which went
> okay, but my app still not running and log spit the following...

I think you need to SIGHUP the existing master before SIGUSR2:

   1) update config/unicorn.rb on the server
   2) SIGHUP master to reload new config # manual step to fix up config
   3) proceed with SIGUSR2 as usual

Also, please don't send HTML portions or quote too much,
it wastes bandwidth and storage.  Thanks.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 18:34         ` Eric Wong
@ 2014-10-24 18:39           ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 18:41             ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 19:13             ` Eric Wong
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: unicorn-public

Thanks Eric, not how to do
 2) SIGHUP master to reload new config # manual step to fix up config
 3) proceed with SIGUSR2 as usual

Also not sure how did i send HTML portions

Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad

On 25 October 2014 00:04, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:

> Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Updates app_dir and shared_dir as stated here then did a deploy which
> went
> > okay, but my app still not running and log spit the following...
>
> I think you need to SIGHUP the existing master before SIGUSR2:
>
>    1) update config/unicorn.rb on the server
>    2) SIGHUP master to reload new config # manual step to fix up config
>    3) proceed with SIGUSR2 as usual
>
> Also, please don't send HTML portions or quote too much,
> it wastes bandwidth and storage.  Thanks.
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 18:39           ` Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 18:41             ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 19:13             ` Eric Wong
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: unicorn-public

FYI - after deploy, config/unicorn.rb is already updated
app_dir = app_dir = "/var/www/hailisys/current"#File.expand_path('../../',
__FILE__)
shared_dir = "/var/www/hailisys/shared"


Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad

On 25 October 2014 00:09, Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Eric, not how to do
>  2) SIGHUP master to reload new config # manual step to fix up config
>  3) proceed with SIGUSR2 as usual
>
> Also not sure how did i send HTML portions
>
> Cheers!
> Imdad Ali Khan
> Mob (0) 9818484057
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad
>
> On 25 October 2014 00:04, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:
>
>> Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Updates app_dir and shared_dir as stated here then did a deploy which
>> went
>> > okay, but my app still not running and log spit the following...
>>
>> I think you need to SIGHUP the existing master before SIGUSR2:
>>
>>    1) update config/unicorn.rb on the server
>>    2) SIGHUP master to reload new config # manual step to fix up config
>>    3) proceed with SIGUSR2 as usual
>>
>> Also, please don't send HTML portions or quote too much,
>> it wastes bandwidth and storage.  Thanks.
>>
>
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 18:39           ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 18:41             ` Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 19:13             ` Eric Wong
  2014-10-24 19:29               ` Imdad
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2014-10-24 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Imdad; +Cc: unicorn-public

Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Eric, not how to do
>  2) SIGHUP master to reload new config # manual step to fix up config
>  3) proceed with SIGUSR2 as usual

I think you need to do this fix manually by logging into your server:

	kill -HUP $(cat /path/to/pid/file)
	kill -USR2 $(cat /path/to/pid/file)

(SIGUSR2 is what you were doing before with the reexec)

> Also not sure how did i send HTML portions

Your initial message got through fine (HTML is given a high spam score).

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 19:13             ` Eric Wong
@ 2014-10-24 19:29               ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 19:41                 ` Eric Wong
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: unicorn-public

Did following by login to server

root@Hailisys:/var/www/hailisys/shared/pids# kill -HUP $(cat unicorn.pid)
root@Hailisys:/var/www/hailisys/shared/pids# kill -USR2 $(cat unicorn.pid)


Then did "mina deploy"

-----> Launching
-----> Restart unicorn service
-----> Done. Deployed v30
Connection to 104.131.74.69 closed.
       Elapsed time: 52.96 seconds



And here is my log file  (/var/www/hailisys/shared/log/unicorn.stderr.log)

INFO -- : executing
["/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn", "-c",
"/var/www/hailisys/current/config/unicorn.rb", "-D", "-E", "production",
{11=>#<Kgio::UNIXServer:fd 11>}] (in /var/www/hailisys/releases/30)
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:475:in
`exec': No such file or directory -
/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn
(Errno::ENOENT)
from
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http




Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad

On 25 October 2014 00:43, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:

> Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Eric, not how to do
> >  2) SIGHUP master to reload new config # manual step to fix up config
> >  3) proceed with SIGUSR2 as usual
>
> I think you need to do this fix manually by logging into your server:
>
>         kill -HUP $(cat /path/to/pid/file)
>         kill -USR2 $(cat /path/to/pid/file)
>
> (SIGUSR2 is what you were doing before with the reexec)
>
> > Also not sure how did i send HTML portions
>
> Your initial message got through fine (HTML is given a high spam score).
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 19:29               ` Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 19:41                 ` Eric Wong
  2014-10-24 19:58                   ` Imdad
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2014-10-24 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Imdad; +Cc: unicorn-public

Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> INFO -- : executing
> ["/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn", "-c"

Gack, we missed that having the wrong path, too.  You probably need
this in your config/unicorn.rb:

   Unicorn::HttpServer::START_CTX[0] =
        "/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn"

And do the HUP/USR2 again.  And if it fails again, show us the logs
right after the HUP, too.  Thanks.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 19:41                 ` Eric Wong
@ 2014-10-24 19:58                   ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 20:06                     ` Eric Wong
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: unicorn-public

Here you go...
root@Hailisys:/var/www/hailisys/shared/pids# kill -HUP $(cat unicorn.pid)
root@Hailisys:/var/www/hailisys/shared/pids# kill -USR2 $(cat unicorn.pid)
root@Hailisys:/var/www/hailisys/shared/pids# cd ..
root@Hailisys:/var/www/hailisys/shared# tail -n 20 -f
log/unicorn.stderr.log
E, [2014-10-24T19:55:54.656013 #8814] ERROR -- :
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/util.rb:39:in
`each'
E, [2014-10-24T19:55:54.656044 #8814] ERROR -- :
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/util.rb:39:in
`reopen_logs'
E, [2014-10-24T19:55:54.656119 #8814] ERROR -- :
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:743:in
`load_config!'
E, [2014-10-24T19:55:54.656150 #8814] ERROR -- :
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:325:in
`join'
E, [2014-10-24T19:55:54.656179 #8814] ERROR -- :
/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/bin/unicorn:126:in
`<top (required)>'
E, [2014-10-24T19:55:54.656206 #8814] ERROR -- :
/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn:23:in
`load'
E, [2014-10-24T19:55:54.656233 #8814] ERROR -- :
/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn:23:in
`<main>'
I, [2014-10-24T19:55:54.795603 #8814]  INFO -- : reaped #<Process::Status:
pid 17502 exit 0> worker=0
I, [2014-10-24T19:55:54.803712 #18246]  INFO -- : worker=0 ready
I, [2014-10-24T19:55:54.838425 #8814]  INFO -- : reaped #<Process::Status:
pid 17505 exit 0> worker=1
I, [2014-10-24T19:55:54.851649 #18249]  INFO -- : worker=1 ready
I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.054817 #18256]  INFO -- : executing
["/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn", "-c",
"/var/www/hailisys/current/config/unicorn.rb", "-D", "-E", "production",
{11=>#<Kgio::UNIXServer:fd 11>}] (in /var/www/hailisys/releases/31)
I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.626199 #18256]  INFO -- : inherited
addr=/var/www/hailisys/shared/sockets/unicorn.sock fd=11
I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.626930 #18256]  INFO -- : Refreshing Gem list
I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.723512 #18256]  INFO -- : master process ready
I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.727108 #18261]  INFO -- : worker=0 ready
I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.742734 #18264]  INFO -- : worker=1 ready
I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.921508 #8814]  INFO -- : reaped #<Process::Status:
pid 18246 exit 0> worker=0
I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.921691 #8814]  INFO -- : reaped #<Process::Status:
pid 18249 exit 0> worker=1
I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.921776 #8814]  INFO -- : master complete


Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad

On 25 October 2014 01:11, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:

> Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> > INFO -- : executing
> > ["/var/www/hailisys/releases/6/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn",
> "-c"
>
> Gack, we missed that having the wrong path, too.  You probably need
> this in your config/unicorn.rb:
>
>    Unicorn::HttpServer::START_CTX[0] =
>         "/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn"
>
> And do the HUP/USR2 again.  And if it fails again, show us the logs
> right after the HUP, too.  Thanks.
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 19:58                   ` Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 20:06                     ` Eric Wong
  2014-10-24 20:09                       ` Imdad
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2014-10-24 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Imdad; +Cc: unicorn-public

So it looks like everything at 19:56 was successful and all is good,
right?

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 20:06                     ` Eric Wong
@ 2014-10-24 20:09                       ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 20:17                         ` Eric Wong
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: unicorn-public

Nope, still its not working, same error as below

Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad

On 25 October 2014 01:36, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:

> So it looks like everything at 19:56 was successful and all is good,
> right?
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 20:09                       ` Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 20:17                         ` Eric Wong
  2014-10-24 20:35                           ` Imdad
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2014-10-24 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Imdad; +Cc: unicorn-public

Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nope, still its not working, same error as below

I'm not sure what you mean...  Can you access the site OK?

> I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.054817 #18256]  INFO -- : executing
> ["/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn", "-c",
> "/var/www/hailisys/current/config/unicorn.rb", "-D", "-E", "production",
> {11=>#<Kgio::UNIXServer:fd 11>}] (in /var/www/hailisys/releases/31)
> I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.626199 #18256]  INFO -- : inherited
> addr=/var/www/hailisys/shared/sockets/unicorn.sock fd=11
> I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.626930 #18256]  INFO -- : Refreshing Gem list
> I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.723512 #18256]  INFO -- : master process ready
> I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.727108 #18261]  INFO -- : worker=0 ready
> I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.742734 #18264]  INFO -- : worker=1 ready
> I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.921508 #8814]  INFO -- : reaped #<Process::Status:
> pid 18246 exit 0> worker=0
> I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.921691 #8814]  INFO -- : reaped #<Process::Status:
> pid 18249 exit 0> worker=1
> I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.921776 #8814]  INFO -- : master complete

Everything above looks OK.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 20:17                         ` Eric Wong
@ 2014-10-24 20:35                           ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 20:39                             ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 20:40                             ` Eric Wong
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: unicorn-public

Sorry Eric, but the site (http://104.131.74.69/) still not working
Showing error "We're sorry, but something went wrong."

Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad

On 25 October 2014 01:47, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:

> Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Nope, still its not working, same error as below
>
> I'm not sure what you mean...  Can you access the site OK?
>
> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.054817 #18256]  INFO -- : executing
> > ["/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn", "-c",
> > "/var/www/hailisys/current/config/unicorn.rb", "-D", "-E", "production",
> > {11=>#<Kgio::UNIXServer:fd 11>}] (in /var/www/hailisys/releases/31)
> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.626199 #18256]  INFO -- : inherited
> > addr=/var/www/hailisys/shared/sockets/unicorn.sock fd=11
> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.626930 #18256]  INFO -- : Refreshing Gem list
> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.723512 #18256]  INFO -- : master process ready
> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.727108 #18261]  INFO -- : worker=0 ready
> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.742734 #18264]  INFO -- : worker=1 ready
> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.921508 #8814]  INFO -- : reaped
> #<Process::Status:
> > pid 18246 exit 0> worker=0
> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.921691 #8814]  INFO -- : reaped
> #<Process::Status:
> > pid 18249 exit 0> worker=1
> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.921776 #8814]  INFO -- : master complete
>
> Everything above looks OK.
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 20:35                           ` Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 20:39                             ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 20:44                               ` Eric Wong
  2014-10-24 20:40                             ` Eric Wong
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: unicorn-public

The log file under "/var/www/hailisys/releases/shared" folder have the
following error logs

root@Hailisys:/var/www/hailisys/releases/shared# tail -n 20 -f
log/unicorn.stderr.log
I, [2014-10-24T16:28:27.289186 #12384]  INFO -- : listening on addr=
0.0.0.0:3000 fd=10
F, [2014-10-24T16:28:27.289460 #12384] FATAL -- : error adding listener
addr=/var/www/hailisys/releases/shared/sockets/unicorn.sock
/var/www/hailisys/releases/17/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/socket_helper.rb:158:in
`initialize': No such file or directory - connect(2) for
"/var/www/hailisys/releases/shared/sockets/unicorn.sock" (Errno::ENOENT)
from
/var/www/hailisys/releases/17/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/gems/unicorn-4.8.3/lib/unicorn/socket_helper.rb:158:in
`new'


Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad

On 25 October 2014 02:05, Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry Eric, but the site (http://104.131.74.69/) still not working
> Showing error "We're sorry, but something went wrong."
>
> Cheers!
> Imdad Ali Khan
> Mob (0) 9818484057
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad
>
> On 25 October 2014 01:47, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:
>
>> Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Nope, still its not working, same error as below
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean...  Can you access the site OK?
>>
>> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.054817 #18256]  INFO -- : executing
>> > ["/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn", "-c",
>> > "/var/www/hailisys/current/config/unicorn.rb", "-D", "-E", "production",
>> > {11=>#<Kgio::UNIXServer:fd 11>}] (in /var/www/hailisys/releases/31)
>> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.626199 #18256]  INFO -- : inherited
>> > addr=/var/www/hailisys/shared/sockets/unicorn.sock fd=11
>> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.626930 #18256]  INFO -- : Refreshing Gem list
>> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.723512 #18256]  INFO -- : master process ready
>> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.727108 #18261]  INFO -- : worker=0 ready
>> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.742734 #18264]  INFO -- : worker=1 ready
>> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.921508 #8814]  INFO -- : reaped
>> #<Process::Status:
>> > pid 18246 exit 0> worker=0
>> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.921691 #8814]  INFO -- : reaped
>> #<Process::Status:
>> > pid 18249 exit 0> worker=1
>> > I, [2014-10-24T19:56:18.921776 #8814]  INFO -- : master complete
>>
>> Everything above looks OK.
>>
>
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 20:35                           ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 20:39                             ` Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 20:40                             ` Eric Wong
  2014-10-24 20:45                               ` Imdad
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2014-10-24 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Imdad; +Cc: unicorn-public

Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry Eric, but the site (http://104.131.74.69/) still not working
> Showing error "We're sorry, but something went wrong."

I suspect that is a different error.  Anything else in your logs
(especially app logs).  Your unicorn stderr logs looked fine
after the deploy...

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 20:39                             ` Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 20:44                               ` Eric Wong
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 23+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2014-10-24 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Imdad; +Cc: unicorn-public

Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> The log file under "/var/www/hailisys/releases/shared" folder have the
> following error logs
> 
> root@Hailisys:/var/www/hailisys/releases/shared# tail -n 20 -f
> log/unicorn.stderr.log
> I, [2014-10-24T16:28:27.289186 #12384]  INFO -- : listening on addr=
> 0.0.0.0:3000 fd=10
> F, [2014-10-24T16:28:27.289460 #12384] FATAL -- : error adding listener
> addr=/var/www/hailisys/releases/shared/sockets/unicorn.sock

Your successful deploy was at 19:56, so this failure is over 3 hours
before that.  I'm assuming all your deployment envs are UTC (as they
should be).

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 20:40                             ` Eric Wong
@ 2014-10-24 20:45                               ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 20:50                                 ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 20:58                                 ` Eric Wong
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: unicorn-public

My app logs (shared/log/production.log) and /var/log/nginx/error.log both
are empty


Where else i can see the logs?

Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad

On 25 October 2014 02:10, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:

> Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry Eric, but the site (http://104.131.74.69/) still not working
> > Showing error "We're sorry, but something went wrong."
>
> I suspect that is a different error.  Anything else in your logs
> (especially app logs).  Your unicorn stderr logs looked fine
> after the deploy...
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 20:45                               ` Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 20:50                                 ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 20:58                                 ` Eric Wong
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: unicorn-public

Yes it makes sense the following states that the deployment went well, but
why do i still see error when i access the app (http://104.131.74.69/), and
also this no error message in "shared/log/production.log" ,
"/var/log/nginx/error.log"
or "unicorn.stderr.log"

I, [2014-10-24T19:55:54.851649 #18249]  INFO -- : worker=1 ready
I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.054817 #18256]  INFO -- : executing
["/var/www/hailisys/current/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.1.0/bin/unicorn", "-c",
"/var/www/hailisys/current/config/unicorn.rb", "-D", "-E", "production",
{11=>#<Kgio::UNIXServer:fd 11>}] (in /var/www/hailisys/releases/31)
I, [2014-10-24T19:56:16.626199 #18256]  INFO -- : inherited
addr=/var/www/hailisys/shared/sockets/unicorn.sock fd=11


Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad

On 25 October 2014 02:15, Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:

> My app logs (shared/log/production.log) and /var/log/nginx/error.log both
> are empty
>
>
> Where else i can see the logs?
>
> Cheers!
> Imdad Ali Khan
> Mob (0) 9818484057
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad
>
> On 25 October 2014 02:10, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:
>
>> Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Sorry Eric, but the site (http://104.131.74.69/) still not working
>> > Showing error "We're sorry, but something went wrong."
>>
>> I suspect that is a different error.  Anything else in your logs
>> (especially app logs).  Your unicorn stderr logs looked fine
>> after the deploy...
>>
>
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 20:45                               ` Imdad
  2014-10-24 20:50                                 ` Imdad
@ 2014-10-24 20:58                                 ` Eric Wong
  2014-10-24 21:24                                   ` Imdad
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 23+ messages in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2014-10-24 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Imdad; +Cc: unicorn-public

Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> My app logs (shared/log/production.log) and /var/log/nginx/error.log both
> are empty

I'm not up-to-date on Rails logging these days (see Rails docs if nobody
else answers), but for nginx, you can use this to increase verbosity:

	error_log /path/to/nginx/error.log debug

ref: http://nginx.org/en/docs/ngx_core_module.html#error_log

In unicorn, you can also bypass nginx for debugging purposes by
setting up another listener on any port you want:

	listen 12345

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

* Re: Having issue with Unicorn
  2014-10-24 20:58                                 ` Eric Wong
@ 2014-10-24 21:24                                   ` Imdad
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 23+ messages in thread
From: Imdad @ 2014-10-24 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: unicorn-public

Thanks Eric, will look into this issue.

Much appreciated if you could forward this issue to someone who can help
here.

Thanks again for your cooperation.

Cheers!
Imdad Ali Khan
Mob (0) 9818484057
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imdad

On 25 October 2014 02:28, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:

> Imdad <khanimdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> > My app logs (shared/log/production.log) and /var/log/nginx/error.log both
> > are empty
>
> I'm not up-to-date on Rails logging these days (see Rails docs if nobody
> else answers), but for nginx, you can use this to increase verbosity:
>
>         error_log /path/to/nginx/error.log debug
>
> ref: http://nginx.org/en/docs/ngx_core_module.html#error_log
>
> In unicorn, you can also bypass nginx for debugging purposes by
> setting up another listener on any port you want:
>
>         listen 12345
>


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 23+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2014-10-24 21:24 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 23+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2014-10-24 17:33 Having issue with Unicorn Imdad
2014-10-24 17:45 ` Eric Wong
2014-10-24 18:02   ` Imdad
2014-10-24 18:13     ` Eric Wong
2014-10-24 18:28       ` Imdad
2014-10-24 18:34         ` Eric Wong
2014-10-24 18:39           ` Imdad
2014-10-24 18:41             ` Imdad
2014-10-24 19:13             ` Eric Wong
2014-10-24 19:29               ` Imdad
2014-10-24 19:41                 ` Eric Wong
2014-10-24 19:58                   ` Imdad
2014-10-24 20:06                     ` Eric Wong
2014-10-24 20:09                       ` Imdad
2014-10-24 20:17                         ` Eric Wong
2014-10-24 20:35                           ` Imdad
2014-10-24 20:39                             ` Imdad
2014-10-24 20:44                               ` Eric Wong
2014-10-24 20:40                             ` Eric Wong
2014-10-24 20:45                               ` Imdad
2014-10-24 20:50                                 ` Imdad
2014-10-24 20:58                                 ` Eric Wong
2014-10-24 21:24                                   ` Imdad

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox

	https://yhbt.net/unicorn.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).